A Virginian by birth, I moved to Greenville, South Carolina, in 1992 to take a job as an editor with Michelin Travel Publications (now Michelin Travel & Lifestyle). My staff experience includes 17 years as Senior Editor with Michelin Travel Publications, as well as work on the National Geographic Society's children's magazine and several Time-Life Books series. As a freelancer, I have written general travel and food-related features, restaurant reviews, op-ed pieces, profiles, online newsletters, press releases, travel guides and marketing pieces. As a writer for TOWN Magazine since its inception and now as a contributing editor, I pen articles for the magazine monthly. My work has also appeared in: The Local Palate; Smoky Mountain Living; At Home quarterly; Southwest Spirit; Tempus Magazine; USAToday.com; 10Best.com; US Airways Magazine; Furman Magazine; Edible Upcountry; and Furman University News Page (online).
- Editor/writer for the North American collection of The Michelin Guide, Michelin's acclaimed restaurant and hotel guide series. I helped develop the first guide of that collection, the Michelin Guide New York City, in 2006.
- Managing Green Guide projects for the first edition of Florida; USA East; New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania; and Pacific Northwest.
- Developing, writing and editing the Michelin Must See series of city guides, now in its third edition.
- Contributing as an editor and writer to 20 out of 24 of Michelin's Green Guide titles, as well as many special B2B projects.
- Editing and updating the annual Greenville Convention and Visitors Bureau Guide to Greenville and the Upcountry (2010-present).
- Updating driving tours for the Michelin Road Atlas.
- Researcher/writer for National Geographic World (now called Kids) magazine.
- Researcher/writer for various volumes in several Time-Life Books series, including the Epic of Flight, Enchanted World, Library of America, Third Reich and Echoes of Glory.
- Board of Directors, Slow Food Upstate
- Board of Directors, Euphoria (Greenville's premiere food, wine and music festival)
- Served on the committee that helped establish America's first Slow Food Earth Market in Greenville, SC, in 2011
- Newsletter Editor for the Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
- Society of American Travel Writers
- North American Travel Journalists Association
- Slow Food USA
- Southern Foodways Alliance
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, University of Virgina, Charlottesville